Ron’s Email: bullish2day
Ron’s Phone: 724-747-6451
- 2×10 model, large size frame and Ergomesh seat
- disk brake rear
- TRP Spike disk brake(s)
- 160mm cranks
- 250 lb weight limit
- Able to easily swap wheelsets: wants a road set (406 front and 700 rear in 28-35mm width) and rails-to-trails set (406 front and 559 rear in 35-45mm width)
- What’s the min/max seat angle? 2 settings: 50 degrees or 58 degrees, set using spacers.
- How much boom adjustability is there? same as p-38, 3 inches or 6
- Can he get disk brake on front fork? Heavier steel fork (1 pound), but required for wide tires in the 1.5″ range
- What’s Tim’s recommendation for gearing? 50/34×11-36
- Tim’s recommendations for headrests? None
- Lead time? 6-8 weeks
12/05/2015: met Ron at RBR State College. He enjoyed his brief test ride on the P-38 Rob had in stock, so I offered to loan him mine for a more extended test ride.
12/12/2015: met Ron at Westhall St, Ohio River trail. We went upriver on the trail as far as Millvale park, then back, and tacked on a Riverview Park loop so that Ron could get a feel for climbing on the P-38. Later that day, Ron decided that he wanted an R-84, so he, Rob, and I started kicking ideas around.
12/14/2015: Called Tim, got answers to basic questions